REPORT: Pontiac and GMC may get axe... you knew this was coming
While Pontiac actually has some unique offerings, GMC is rumored to stand a better chance of sticking around. It still wouldn't be cheap to do away with the brands. There are dealers who will not go quietly into the night, meaning GM will be looking at the possibility of finding a buyer for yet another piece of its puzzle. Of course, everyone's keeping mum about the possibility of life without Pontiac or GMC.
UPDATE: According to General Motors' sales chief Mark LaNeve, the automaker has no intentions of killing off Pontiac or GMC. LaNeve admits that GM is continuing to tweak its strategy, but reports that "GMC is going away are just unfounded, unsubstantiated and untrue."
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models