Biodiesel, Solar power come out ahead in Lexus Eco Challenge
In Illinois, the Thornbridge biodiesel team built their own diesel processor. They then held a local drive that, instead of collecting the usual bottles, papers or canned food, gathered up waste vegetable oil to use as a feedstock.
The EcoGeeks of Florida decided to help out victims of a hurricane that slammed into Haiti last year with equipment that would help get them back on their feet with less environmental impact. They sent solar ovens and generators to the Caribbean island along with seedlings and recipes for "green cuisine."
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video