Jay Leno drives a Volt mule, likes what he sees
When asked about the possibility of GM entering bankruptcy, Leno, who has shown a large interest in electric and alternative vehicles, said, "GM's not bankrupt yet! I was there today actually, I saw a lot of good product." Of course, one of those promising vehicles is the Chevy Volt, which Leno was reportedly allowed to drive with design chief Ed Welburn in the passenger seat.
Prior to his appearance in Detroit, Leno was quoted as saying the following about Chevy's upcoming green car: "I think it will be great. I think you'll find that the Volt will be a superior package to the Prius." Unsurprisingly, according to reports in the Detroit News, Leno's brief stint behind the wheel did nothing to change his early impression.
[Source: Detroit News]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies