2010 Buick LaCrosse - Click above for a high-res image gallery
General Motors introduced the world to the 2010 Buick LaCrosse at the Detroit Auto Show to a chorus of
For those keeping track of such things, that's a good bit less than the starting price for the 2009 Acura TSX ($29,160), Lincoln MKZ ($32,695) and Lexus ES350 ($34,320). Sounds pretty good so far. Let's add some options. Step up to the $30,395 CXL model and you'll get heated leather seats, automatic climate control and 18" alloy rims, among other things.
All-wheel drive is available on the CXL model, starting at $32,570. A top-level LaCrosse CXS will run $33,765 and brings a 3.6-liter version of the DI V6 engine with 280 horses and 259 lb-ft or torque. Want one? Production is scheduled to begin "early this summer," which, last time we checked, was just around the corner. Full press release after the break.
Related Gallery2011 Buick LaCrosse
BUICK ANNOUNCES PRICING FOR THE 2010 LACROSSE
New Buick LaCrosse Offers Generous List of Standard Equipment in a Package Priced Less Than $28,000
NEW YORK – Buick today announced pricing for the 2010 LaCrosse luxury sedan. It starts at $27,835 for the CX model, including a $750 destination charge.
Standard equipment includes a new, technologically advanced 3.0L direct injection (DI) V-6, premium cloth seats and 17-inch wheels. The 3.0L engine generates 255 horsepower (190 kW) and 217 lb.-ft. of torque (294 Nm) and is mated to a six-speed automatic transmission.
"The new LaCrosse, with its luxurious interior, premium craftsmanship and personal technologies, represents a strong value in today's changing market," said Susan Docherty, Buick-Pontiac-GMC vice president. "It is the next step in Buick's renaissance that is drawing all-new customers to this revitalized brand."
Pricing and details for LaCrosse's other models includes:
* $30,395 for CXL FWD (including destination). Building on the CX model's equipment, it includes the 3.0L DI V-6 and six-speed automatic, but adds leather heated seats, dual-zone automatic climate control, fog lamps, outside rearview mirror with LED turn indicators and puddle lamps, and 18-inch alloy wheels
* $32,570 for CXL AWD (including destination). Equipment is similar to the CXL FWD model, but includes a fully automatic, intelligent all-wheel-drive system that works in tandem with the anti-lock braking system and StabiliTrak electronic stability control system to deliver sure-footed traction in almost all driving conditions
* $33,765 for CXS (including destination). Equipment includes a 3.6L direct injection V-6; perforated, leather heated and cooled seats, and chrome-plated 18-inch wheels (19-inch wheels are optional). The 3.6L engine is mated to a six-speed automatic transmission and generates 280 horsepower (209 kW) and 259 lb.-ft. of torque (351 Nm)
The 2010 LaCrosse's sculpted design is instantly recognizable as a Buick, with signature 'sweep spear' body-side styling, a waterfall grille and portholes," said Docherty. "Inside, premium materials create an inviting and comfortable environment, with ice blue ambient lighting used throughout – from the center console to the instrument panel and door panels."
A roster of standard and available features delivers a responsive, refined driving experience that is complemented by personal technologies. Examples include:
* European-designed chassis and suspension systems that deliver a confident driving experience
* Real-time damping suspension system
* High-intensity discharge headlamps with adaptive forward lighting
* Side Blind Zone Alert
* Bluetooth phone connectivity
* Rear-seat DVD entertainment system
* Six standard air bags, including roof-mounted head curtain side air bags
Complementing all of LaCrosse's features is Buick's signature QuietTuning, an engineering process that reduces, blocks and absorbs interior noise to provide a distraction-free passenger environment.
LaCrosse production begins early this summer at the Fairfax Assembly facility in Kansas City, Kan.