Senators propose loan guarantees for Midwest ethanol pipeline
Harkin's latest move, made with the help of John Thune (R - South Dakota) and Tim Johnson (D - South Dakota) - is to sponsor a bill to move forward on loan guarantees to build this renewable fuel pipeline. Harkin recently said the pipeline is a good idea because it "efficiently and inexpensively helps enlarge the market for biofuels like ethanol, reduces our dependence on foreign fuels and will provide good construction jobs." The Senators claim the pipeline could create up to 25,000 jobs in the U.S. Corn farmers somewhere are smiling.
[Source: MidWest AgNet via Domestic Fuel]
Photo by Frapestaartje. Licensed under Creative Commons license 2.0.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models