BMW Project i fleshed out?
Here's where things get really interesting. There's apparently another city car in development in addition to the Megacity that will use a rear engine, rear-wheel drive layout. This car will be sold under the MINI label and is scheduled for release in 2012. The aforementioned Z2 is next in 2013 and will be sold in sedan, coupe and convertible versions. Lastly, 2014 will bring a couple of city scooters in the vein of the ill-fated C1 along with a minivan. As interesting as all of this sounds, it's impossible to accurately forecast an automaker lineup this far in advance. We'll see how much of this proves true in the coming years.
[Source: Autobild via 4 Wheels News]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies