REPORT: Daimler sells 9.1% stake to Abu Dhabi firm for $2.7 billion
Aabar purchased 96.4 million shares at a 5% discount under the stock price of 21.34 euros. Daimler shares were selling for 45 euros a piece before the rug was pulled out from under global luxury car sales. Both companies consider the partnership to be a long-term investment, as Daimler will need all the help it can get weathering brutal automobile sales slump. The two companies will also collaborate on electric vehicle development and Daimler will build a training center in Abu Dhabi. Thanks for the tip, Abdul!
[Source: Bloomberg | Photo: Torsten Silz/Getty]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies