Will a version of the new Buick Excelle be the next Voltec model?
Since Buick is intended to be a more upmarket brand than Chevrolet, it seems plausible that GM could create a version of the Excelle using the Voltec (formerly E-Flex) powertrain that will propel the Volt. Most likely, GM will simply focus on the Volt and Opel/Vauxhall Ampera for a couple of years. An ER-EV version of the Excelle will likely have to wait until the second-generation Voltec system arrives. If GM does build a Voltec based Buick will they finally revive the Electra name for it?
[Source: Left Lane News]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies