Acura steals pole position from Audi, Peugeot at 12 Hours of Sebring qualifying!
Scott Dixon of De Ferran Motorsports driving one of the new Acura ARX-02a cars set the fastest lap time in qualifying and has earned a spot ahead of the big boys on the starting grid. Dixon managed a 1:45.278 lap time that just barely edged out legendary Le Mans racer Tom Kristensen in a brand spanking new Audi R15 by 0.082 seconds. Following the Acura and Audi will be the #7 Peugeot 908 HDi, which qualified 0.184 seconds behind the fastest Acura with Christian Klein at the wheel. Our kudos go to Acura and the De Ferran Motorsports team for achieving such a big victory before the 12 Hours of Sebring even begins. Of course, the hard part starts on Saturday and lasts a lot longer than just one lap.
[Source: Planet LeMans]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies