Smarts pile ups as order cancellations accelerate
The general economic and overall sales situation has deteriorated significantly since November, so it should come as no surprise that sales would be off. Many smart fortwo sales were as second or third cars and, with Bernie Maddoff on his way to jail, even people who previously had extra money are now reconsidering their options. We've asked for a comment from SmartUSA about whether they are seeing an increase in order cancellations or simply fewer people stepping up to buy the "orphans," but have yet to get a reply. We'll update you if we hear anything new.
[Source: Automotive News - Sub req'd]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video