Mahindra updates Scorpio SUV, adds micro hybrid variant
Mahindra has just launched a newly revised version of the popular Scorpio SUV in its home market, and the new model uses the first application of the new 2.2L mHawk diesel engine that's planned for the U.S. models. Additionally, Mahindra has added a "micro hybrid" system to the truck, which we assume means stop/start capability. So equipped, the Scorpio meets India's Bharat Stage IV emissions requirements a full year early.
In a surprise move, the new Scorpio from Mahindra actually costs less than the model it replaces by about $1,300.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies