GM light duty 4.5L diesel V8 on indefinite hold, probably dead
Given GM's dire financial situation, it's not shocking that the company decided to forgo spending the money on the tooling. The move comes in the wake of similar cancelations by Toyota and Ford in the past several months. The sole light duty diesel hold-out remains Chrysler. Unfortunately, Levine was told by Chrysler VP Frank Klegon that even its new Cummins diesel would not appear before 2011.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models