CA Gov. Schwarzenegger coming to Detroit for SAE World Congress
The governor will address the gathering at 8 a.m. Monday April 20, 2009 in the AVL Technology Theater on the show floor. The Congress takes place in Detroit's Cobo Center from April 20-24 this year. Schutt told the media in attendance at a preview today that SAE invited the governor to address the conference, but was not scripting his speech. SAE does not know what Schwarzenegger will say. The society has long been involved in setting industry standards. However, according to Schutt, SAE does not have a formal position one way or the other on the California waiver request.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies