California may soon require smog checks for motorcycles
As of today, motorcycles are exempt from smog checks in California. As with other motorcycles in that state, all motorcycles with current registration as road vehicles would need to be checked by the Department of Consumer Affairs and any transfer of ownership would also require an updated certificate of compliance.
A majority vote will be required to pass this new legislation into law, which could take place any time after March 28th. See the complete bill at this link.
[Source: California Legislature via The Kneeslider | Photo: steven.buss]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies