REPORT: Renault's Alpine revival is D.O.A.
Just like that, it's over. Renault had been working on bringing back the Alpine nameplate with a sports car being co-developed as the Nissan 200SX. But according to Autocar, economic strain has led to the vaporization of both programs, even though development was quite far along. Rumors have been swirling for a long time about the revival of the Alpine offshoot, with a mid-mounted engine driving the rear wheels, or even sharing Nissan's 370Z platform. There seems to be no return to the planning for now, so we'll just keep gazing dreamily at past Alpines until something new pops up.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX
From Our Partners
Recharge Wrap-up: Autopilot mitigates accident in video, Ford exits India's EV consortiumWatch Video