UL changes tune, will allow E15 in UL87 pumps
The reason for the change of heart? According to UL, there isn't any research that indicates there would be a serious safety risk when increasing the UL87-certified pumps ethanol content from 10 percent to 15 percent. Still, UL suggests that dispensers check with the manufacturer for final approval before using any concentrations higher than E10. Next question: What happens when states decide to go with E20?
[Source: Underwriters Laboratories]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies