Branson wants to buy Honda team only if F1 goes green and cuts costs
Branson wants teams participating in F1 to be able to make ends meet - and with sponsors dropping like flies that's becoming increasingly difficult. The other thing Branson wants is to see F1 get more green by promoting new fuel saving technologies. Aside from adopting hybrid KERS systems for 2009, F1 hasn't done much in this regard. If anything, most of the recent cost cutting moves have actually tended to choke off innovation rather than foster it. Perhaps Branson should be looking to Le Mans-style racing instead of Formula 1, since series like ALMS are actively promoting alternative energy.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models