Earlier this week, we received an email (posted after the jump) from KTM
announcing plans to bring two new vehicles
, along with two more variations of the X-Bow, to the Geneva Motor Show
. Unfortunately, the motorcycle-manufacturer-turned-track-toy-purveyor hasn't released any details about what's on the way, but a quick look into the Autoblog archives gives us a glimpse of what to expect.
Back in July, reports surfaced
that KTM was working on a harder, faster X-Bow that will use the Audi S3
's 261-hp, turbocharged 2.0-liter, and will be offered in both open-top and fixed-roof variants
. KTM is also rumored to be hooking up with Baja Auto
third-largest automaker, on a eco-friendly runabout that sports seating for four in a package that's about the size of a Tuk-Tuk. We'll go out on a limb and say that KTM will unveil an off-road version of the X-Bow that's ready to tackled Dakar, but we'll know for sure the first week of March.
- The ax is a radical off-road four-wheel vehicle concept which links ktm's motocross competence to the purist design of the x-bow. hybrid propulsion combined with four individually steerable electric engines, huge ground clearance, reinforced tyres and a generously sized suspension offer maximum traction and unlimited agility.
- 2018 - innovative race events are revolutionizing the motor sports industry. devon run: every weekend environmentally-friendly lightweight vehicles , propelled by high-torque electric motors, go for passing maneuvers on spectacular inner city race tracks - defined by the given infrastructure and modular curves. ktm dominates these events with the sr85 deuce.
- KTM cx is a racing vehicle that brings the moto-x spirit to the water. surface tension is used to recreate the water's surface as ever-changing off-road terrain. when stopping, the cx rider sinks into the water up to her/his knees and sits in the water as if on a surfboard.
- With the ktm 360°, a super light, silent electric bike, there are no obstacles. It allows you to apply any trick you want, even the fork turns 360 degrees and the foldable seat gives you the opportunity to cruise around and check out your city.
- The ktm ascender is a gas turbine-propelled flight vehicle that is supported in the air by three rotors, which allow great agility. With a flight duration of 30 minutes and a maximum speed of 120 km/h, spectacular races similar to the red bull air race are possible.
- Developed for circuit races, the ktm barracuda is the equivalent of the rc8 and the x-bow on the water. Extremely agile and designed to be self-stabilizing, amateurs can go for a fast ride while steering it safely. following the ktm slogan it is a hydrofoil boat just "ready to race".
KTM at the Geneva Motorshow 2009
As KTM accelerates into its second year with the lightweight X-BOW sportscar, it will present two world premieres at the 79th International Auto Show in Geneva (3rd - 15th of March). KTM will also reveal a redefined product range that offers a tiered line-up of the radical carbon fibre automobile.
Trade visitors will receive all the news from the young Austrian car manufacturer on 3rd and 4th of March, while visitors on the public days (5th to 15th March) will be able to see the latest variants of the first automobile in KTM's 50-year history, which has set an undisputable milestone in the supercar segment.