REPORT: GM may cut more than 5,000 additional white-collar jobs
GM also offered packages to its entire union workforce with aim of convincing 10,000 or more take a walk. The offer to leave the General includes $20,000 in cash and a $25,000 vehicle voucher. GM's larger goal is to shrink its union and salary workforce in North America from 95,000 to as few as 65,000 men and women by the year 2012. We're not sure how much of GM's February 17 plan will be made public, but with the date just over a week away, we're sure to know about the job cuts sooner than later.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video