Geneva Preview: Honda may intro diesel-powered Accord Type S
If Autocar is right, Honda will be launching its first high-performance diesel model in the shape of a new Accord Type S. The new S is expected to be shown at the Geneva Motor Show next month. The Euro Accord, which we get here as the Acura TSX, will get propulsion from an upgraded version of the i-DTEC 2.2L four cylinder that boosts power from 148 to 177 hp and torque from 258 to 280 lb-ft. The turbo and cylinder are revised and the intercooler is increased in size to achieve the extra output. Lucky Europeans will even have the option of getting the Type-S diesel in the Europe-only wagon body style. Unfortunately, the weak overall market and sustained high diesel prices have meant that Acura has canceled plans to bring the diesel to the U.S.-market TSX this year.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX