Toyota dealers in Japan race hybrids in Prius Cup
Unlike most racing series, the goal of the Prius Cup isn't to turn in fast lap times. Instead, the cars circle the track in agonizing fashion as they try and use as little fuel as possible. Once in the pits, though, the action picks up considerably as the teams compete to get their hybrids back on the track in as little time as possible. Sounds exciting! Well, not really, but we don't know of many other racing events where the winner scores nearly 70 mpg over the 20-lap event.
[Source: AutoWeek via Auto Fiends | Photo: Hans Greimel]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video