Mercedes gets hip, adds pelvic airbags to the mix
As you may know, traditional side airbags have been around for some time. Most are seat-mounted and generally only cover the upper torso. These new pelvic airbags are also mounted in the front seats, but at hip level to protect the pelvis and reduce impact forces on the abdomen, according to Mercedes spokesman Rob Moran. Right now you can find them in the 2009 C-Class and 2010 E-Class, but they will likely pop up in other models soon.
[Source: Kicking Tires]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies