Yes the GM Two-Mode hybrids can tow, but what of MPG?
Over at Popular Mechanics, Larry Webster had precisely that chance recently when he purchased an old Camaro a couple of hundred miles from his Ann Arbor home. Just as we found with the two-mode Durango, the Yukon behaved pretty much the same with a load hitched up as it does without. Also, just as a non-hybrid consumes more fuel with a weightier load, so does a hybrid. Larry got 14.14 mpg with the Yukon hybrid pulling the car. While not great in and of itself, that's 20 percent better than a conventional SUV gets under similar conditions. So the Yukon hybrid can tow and be more efficient.
[Source: Popular Mechanics]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies