Elon Musk discusses the state of affairs at Tesla
Before the speech, Musk sat down to talk at some length about the current state of the business. He did acknowledge that new orders have slowed down recently while some existing orders have been canceled. Musk declined to be specific about numbers but did acknowledge that the overall economic environment has affected some customer's ability to complete their orders.
Musk also discussed the battery supply deal with Daimler and indicated that he would like to see more OEM deals in the future. The bottom line is that even with the added revenue from increased Roadster deliveries and option price increases, Tesla is likely to have a very difficult time going forward unless the economy makes a dramatic turnaround in the next six months.
[Source: Green Fuels Forecast]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies