Click above for live, high-res images of the new 2010 Lincoln MKT
just announced pricing on the 2010 Lincoln MKT
we saw earlier this week at the Detroit Auto Show
. The Ford Flex's
big brother will go on sale this summer for a starting price of $44,995 with the base V6 and front-wheel-drive. EcoBoost and all-wheel drive together add five grand to that total, so prices for the premium model start at $49,995. You can get AWD by itself though, along with the base 3.7L, at $46,990. While all MKTs
will come with tons of standard features, the company is also offering a few options.
For instance, the Elite Package will be available for $5,000, which includes a bowl of alphabet soup with things like Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), Collision Warning with Brake Support (gives the driver a "head-up" warning on the windshield), Blind Spot Information System (BLIS), Cross Traffic Alert (BLIS for backing out of a parking space), Voice-activated Navigation, and a power-opening Panoramic Vista Roof. Stand-alone options will include Active-Park Assist (literally "steers" the MKT into a parallel parking spot while the driver controls the throttle and brakes), 20-inch polished wheels, a DVD system with dual headrest-mounted LCDs, second-row buckets that are heated and cooled, a second-row console-mounted refrigerator, and class III trailer-towing capability.
A fully loaded 355-hp EcoBoost AWD MKT should come in around $55,000, or a few thousand less than a similarly equipped Audi Q7
. The Lincoln
promises better fuel economy
, more interior space and some features you can't even get on the Audi
, like the Active-Park Assist. There's a full press release after the jump and our gallery of the MKT from Detroit available by clicking any image below.
Live photos copyright ©2009 Frank Filipponio / Weblogs, Inc.
ALL-NEW 2010 LINCOLN MKT DELIVERS MORE FEATURES, CLASS-LEADING FUEL ECONOMY FOR UNDER $45,000
- The 2010 Lincoln MKT, equipped with an extensive list of enticing equipment, will arrive this summer priced at $44,995 (including destination) for the front-wheel drive model; equipped with a premium engine and all-wheel drive, prices start at $49,995
- The Lincoln MKT offers two fuel-efficient engine choices: a proven 3.7-liter V-6 designed to deliver an estimated 268 horsepower or a new Twin turbo 3.5-liter V-6 with EcoBoost™ able to deliver an estimated 355 horsepower while delivering best in class fuel economy
- Further growing the brand's momentum and joining the all-new flagship Lincoln MKS sedan and updated 2010 Lincoln MKZ, the 2010 Lincoln MKT three-row crossover will be available in dealer showrooms in late summer 2009
DETROIT, Jan. 14, 2009 – Lincoln MKT, a distinctive new premium crossover, will be available in late summer 2009 with a long list of standard comfort, convenience and technology features that make it an exceptional value.
Starting at $44,995 for the front-wheel-drive model, the three-row Lincoln MKT brings to the luxury market standard luxury features, quality interior appointments and design, class-leading fuel economy and a distinctive new exterior that embodies a fresh interpretation of Lincoln design DNA.
Similar to the flagship Lincoln MKS sedan, the new three-row Lincoln will offer customers an enticing mix of inviting luxury and useful technology. The base model will come well equipped, with a list of standard features that include:
- SelectShift six-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifts
- Eight-inch, color touch-screen for audio and HVAC control
- Rear view camera
- 20-GB hard drive for music jukebox music storage
- Intelligent Access with Push Button Start
- SecuriCode™ Keyless Entry Keypad
- Adaptive Headlamps with High-Intensity Discharge (HID) Lamps
- Auto High Beams
- Rain-Sensing Wipers
- Reverse-sensing parking assist system
- Power opening / closing rear liftgate
- 12-way powered, heated-and-cooled front row seating
- Adjustable pedals
- Heated second-row seats
- Three-zone HVAC
- Ambient lighting
- Panoramic Vista Roof featuring two large glass panels
- 19-inch Premium Painted aluminum wheels
- Integrated spotter mirrors
- And a comprehensive, complementary list of active and passive safety features designed to help protect both driver and passengers.
In addition to a front-wheel drive powertrain, the Lincoln MKT will also be offered with all-wheel-drive. The AWD model with the normally-aspirated, 3.7-liter engine is expected to carry a starting price of $46,990 when it arrives in dealerships this summer. Compared to a similarly priced Acura MDX (the segment leading in sales volume), the Lincoln MKT offers far more interior space, better highway fuel economy and features consumers want, such as adjustable pedals, rain-sensing wipers, auto high beams and the connectivity of SYNC.
The 2010 Lincoln MKT will be available with a premium, 3.5-liter V-6 EcoBoost powertrain as well, and all EcoBoost models will be fitted with AWD. The direct-injection, twin-turbo, 355 horsepower engine is expected to deliver not only best-in-class power but also best-in-class highway fuel economy, superior to both the Acura MDX and Audi Q7. The 355-hp Lincoln MKT will have a starting price of $49,995. Acura does not offer a premium engine upgrade in the three-row MDX.
Lincoln MKT buyers looking for more luxury and convenience features can choose the Elite Package, priced at $5000. The Elite package includes:
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC): A system that allows the driver to set and maintain vehicle speed, while radar monitors traffic ahead. This optional system automatically adjusts speed and slows the vehicle to maintain the set distance behind traffic ahead.
- Collision Warning with Brake Support: A system enabled by Adaptive Cruise Control that provides the driver with a "head-up" display that flashes on the windshield when the system senses slower moving traffic ahead. If the driver doesn't respond, the system will pre-charge the brakes to prepare the vehicle for a more aggressive stop.
- Blind Spot Information System (BLIS™): BLIS is a radar sensor on the outboard rear quarter panel used to monitor the traditional blind spot areas and can notify the driver with a warning indicator light in the corresponding side view mirror.
- Cross Traffic Alert: Utilizing BLIS sensors, the Lincoln Cross Traffic Alert helps detect approaching traffic when backing out of a parking space. When the vehicle is in reverse and senses traffic, mirror warning lights illuminate and audible signals sound.
- Voice-activated Navigation: An advanced, next-generation system with an internal hard-drive for map and point-of-interest information storage and an updated THX audio system with exclusive new feature – Neural Surround – that helps improve audio reproduction from compressed digital formats.
- Power-opening Panoramic Vista Roof
Stand-alone options available on the 2010 Lincoln MKT include:
- Active-Park Assist: Available on EcoBoost-equipped vehicles, this Lincoln-exclusive system literally "steers" the Lincoln MKT into a parallel parking spot while coaching the driver through conventional throttle and braking inputs.
Active-Park Assist employs an ultrasonic-based sensing system, as opposed to video camera-reliant competitive offerings, to detect edges of adjacent objects to calculate optimized trajectory and making hands-free parallel parking a breeze. It works at the touch of a button, requiring less driver programming and reducing the risk of selecting an inappropriately sized parking space.
- 20-inch polished wheels
- Dual, headrest mounted DVD family entertainment system
- Second-row, heated-and-cooled bucket seats with power lumbar
- Second-row, console-mounted refrigerator
- Class III trailer-towing capability
A full-equipped, twin turbo 355-horspower Lincoln MKT is expected to cost approximately $55,000, placing it thousands less than a comparably equipped Audi Q7. In addition, the Lincoln offers better fuel economy, more interior space and class and exclusive features like Active-Park Assist not available on the Audi Q7.
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 224,000 employees and about 90 plants worldwide, the company's core and affiliated automotive brands include Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Volvo and Mazda. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford's products, please visit http://www.ford.com.