VIDEO: Welburn teases NAIAS-bound production Chevy Beat on Today Show
This morning's Today Show on NBC featured General Motors' design chief Ed Welburn talking with host Matt Lauer live from General Motors' Warren Tech Center. Welburn previewing the Detroit Auto Show's coming attractions, including the new Buick LaCrosse and the Chevrolet Camaro. Most newsworthy, however, was the designer's willingness to pull back the sheet - albeit partially - on what looks to be a production-bound version of 2007's Chevrolet Beat concept. Welburn promised that the car would be unveiled at the show in Cobo, leading us to speculate that the Beat may come to the States after all. Check out the Beat concept's high-res gallery below, and video footage from the show after the jump.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX
From Our Partners
Recharge Wrap-up: Autopilot mitigates accident in video, Ford exits India's EV consortiumWatch Video