Ecstasy on your Wrist: Corum's 1976 Rolls-Royce timepiece
The watch incorporates into its design the iconic Romanesque grille that adorns the front of Rolls-Royce automobiles, complete with a tiny Spirit of Ecstasy hood ornament. The watch face is visible through the slats on the grille, realized in 18-karat gold. The timepiece from over thirty years ago is, of course, no longer in production, but remains a highly-valued collector's item. The closest we've seen recently is the unique wristwatch crafted by Girard-Perregaux to accompany the one-off Pininfarina Hyperion, but the link there between watch and car is no closer than any other's, and nowhere near as direct as Corum's vintage creation. Who knows, maybe the two will revive the partnership and bring the Phantom's grille to a wrist near you in the near future.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies