Oil refiner CEO advocates for higher fuel taxes
However, it was surprising to see Paul Foster, the chairman and CEO of El Paso-based Western Refining come out of the closet in an interview the other day. Foster, a self-avowed conservative Republican normally opposed to taxes, actually favors a gas tax of at least $2 a gallon. He agrees that the only way to get people out of gas guzzlers and reduce our oil imports is to keep fuel prices high enough to discourage its use.
Should it happen? Absolutely! Will it happen? Almost certainly not.
[Source: CNN Money]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies