There are few concoctions in the automotive industry as bonkers as the mid-engine hatchback. The concept takes the most exotic layout and wraps it in the bodywork of the most mundane and commonplace, creating a paradoxical sub-segment that makes you wonder what their designers were smoking. (Turns out it was rubber, incidentally.) And while incarnations of the mid-engined hatch are a bit of a rarity, the years have produced a considerable number of these most insane of auto types. We're celebrating the holidays with our ten favorites, and invite you to come along in our gallery by clicking on the image below.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX
From Our Partners
Recharge Wrap-up: Autopilot mitigates accident in video, Ford exits India's EV consortiumWatch Video