China tallies 1.84 million recalls over last four years
If that number is accurate, it's astoundingly low. China is the world's second largest auto market - in 2006, it was reported to have sold 7.22 million vehicles. By contrast, there were something like 15 million car sales in the US that year, and 10.6 million vehicles recalled. We have a feeling that China is still learning the ins-and-outs of this whole recall business. China's most recalled nameplate over the past four years has been Mercedes-Benz, with 19. Their biggest single recall? 420,000 Honda Accords in 2007.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX
Get recall details from the NHTSA and find out what to do if your car been recalled.
From Our Partners
Recharge Wrap-up: Autopilot mitigates accident in video, Ford exits India's EV consortiumWatch Video