Click above to learn more about what the DashDAQ Series II can do
We've reached the final prize of our week's worth of 2008 Autoblog Holiday Sweepstakes, and we think we've saved the best for last. The prize for Day 7 is a DashDAQ Series II valued at $549. If you're unfamiliar with DashDAQ and what this little box can do, let us enlighten you. The DashDAQ is an open-source, Linux-based computer for you car. Plug it into your OBD-II diagnostic port and the DashDAQ can display your car's vitals on its 4-inch color touchscreen in five ways: analog gauges, digital gauges, slider bars, graphs or a simulated dashboard. It can diagnose trouble codes; display your fuel economy in real time; record performance data like 0-60, braking and top speed; be a lap timer; measure horsepower and torque (taking a breath)... well, you get the point. There's not much this little box can't do, including playing all forms of media like movies and music. You can even add a GPS Navigation Bundle to turn the DashDAQ into exactly what it looks like, a portable navigation system. We've extended the entry period for this sweepstakes to noon EST on Friday, December 26th, so read below for instructions on how to enter to win this powerful in-car computer.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Leave a single comment on this post (if you leave two or more, all of your comments will be disqualified)
- You must be 18 years or older and a resident of the US or Canada (excluding Quebec)
- Limit 1 entry per person during entry period
- This entry period begins 4:00 PM EST on Tuesday, December 23rd and ends at 12:00pm EST on Friday, December 26th. We'll randomly select 1 winner at that time to receive a DashDAQ Series II (ARV: $549). Please check your e-mail!
- For a list of complete rules, click here.