Reasons to quit: Millions of gallons leaking from oil sands tailings ponds daily
The only bright spot we can see is that, with the fall in oil prices, some oil sands projects are being delayed. Not much of a bright spot considering the damage being done and the lack of any political will to even acknowledge the problem, let alone requiring companies to clean up their "mess". If you're upset by all this then we won't even mention a separate report that estimates the deaths of 160 million birds over the next few decades from this oil extraction process. Ooops! Something to think about the next time you go to fill up your gas tank.
[Source: Environmental Defense via Green Car Congress]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies