Miami EV Project converts VW Golf to electric drive
Not counting the fancy $5,000 paint job (by the artist LEBO), this conversion cost the duo just over $13,000. They estimate it'll cost them $1.50 to charge the batteries and then go about 50 miles per charge. Alva and Helbling explain their case here, and Helbling's big question is this: "If we can do it, why can't everybody? Do we really need to wait for car companies to sell us a new electric car?" To answer that, keep an eye out for Alva and Helbling to possibly work on a reality show or documentary series called "Green Your Ride." Thanks to Donato H. for the tip!
[Source: Miami EV Project]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video