Chevy Volt will cost GM $750 milllion
Still, GM seems to have learned an important lesson as it fell far behind in hybrid technology, which was another extremely expensive bit of kit to create and the court of public opinion has dictated that the cost is worth it. So, despite the fact that The General won't make any money on the Volt until around 2016, don't expect the automaker to put the brakes on the program any time soon.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies