Johnny Mowlem talks about running a Zytek hybrid in 2009 ALMS
In the interview, Mowlem discusses the reasons for running a hybrid race car. Since weight management and packaging are priorities in race cars, Mowlem feels that using the technology will ultimately help road cars by making them lighter and more robust.
The Corsa Zytek will be using an electric motor generator and lithium ion battery pack when it debuts in the LMP1 class at Sebring in March. While Audi is withdrawing from full-time participation in ALMS for 2009, Acura will be moving up to the top class and will likely have some powertrain innovation to help them compete for the Green Challenge.
[Source: American Le Mans Series]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models