Prius sub-brand officially DOA
Despite the end of Prius-brand discussions, the automaker still has big plans for its line of hybrid vehicles. Autocar reports that a wagon, small MPV (like a minivan, but without sliding doors) and a coupe are all likely additions to the current 5-door hatchback that we all know and love.
Also off the table, at least according to Miguel Fonseca, Toyota managing director in the UK, are lithium ion batteries. Fonseca mimics what we've been hearing from the automaker for the last few years, that lithium ion units aren't quite ready for mass production. Whatever the case, the third-gen Prius is still on target to debut in January at the Detroit Auto Show and is expected to be both larger and more efficient than the outgoing model.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies