Detroit Electric to launch Tesla-beater in June?
They may have some surprises up their sleeve though. A comment (as pointed out by "VFX" over at the Tesla Motors Club forum) appeared on the Tesla Founders blog of Martin Eberhard attributed to Mr Lam inviting the former to come check out some of his pre-production sports cars in Europe. Much more of a converted Lotus Elise that the Tesla Roadster has been accused of being, the vehicle is supposed to do 0 to 60 in under 4 seconds and have a 140 mph+ top speed. Range is stated to be about 200 miles. The kicker? Volume production is planned for June. Believable? You tell us.
[Source: Tesla Founders Blog via VFX at Tesla Motors Club Forum]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models