LA Preview: Kia to debut fuel cell-powered Borrego SUV
Apparently the production version of the Kia Soul won't be the only debut on the Kia stand next week in Los Angeles. Kia will also be featuring a version of its new Borrego SUV with electric drive and a hydrogen fuel cell. The fuel cell stack is the fourth generation of Hyundai's in-house developed system as in the i-Blue concept that appeared at last year's Frankfurt Motor Show. In the Borrego FCEV the stack will provide power for a 154 hp electric motor and the vehicle should have of about 315 miles. The new stack design is also expected to have cold starting capability down to -30o C. Kia is evidently planning a low volume production test using the Borrego FCEV in South Korea beginning in 2010, similar to what Honda has been doing with its FCX Clarity program.
- Acura scores lowest in customer satisfaction
- The BMW M4 is spied with a massive wing
- Find the right minivan with our Car Finder tool
- Hybrids make poor financial sense for buyers
- The Grand Tour's legal fracas with Top Gear
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!