New cheap car coming from Toyota under new brand?
Toyota already owns one factory in Bangalore, India and has another planned. The new low-cost model would likely be built in one of these two plants and would be marketed both in India and in Brazil by 2015. Interestingly, the new car would be badged neither a Toyota nor a Daihatsu. Rumors indicate that a completely new brand would be created for the model so as not to damage the Japanese automaker's carefully cultivated image.
[Source: Automotive News - sub. req'd]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models