It's Friday: Japan tries to one-up China in weird-green-car sweepstakes with Bamgoo
Though the green cars born in Japan tend to be more pragmatic or "cute", they have been known to show us some peculiar-looking cars as well. Their latest entry into this category is the "Bamgoo" (above left). No, that's not a typo. This electric car boasts a 30-mile range and weighs only 132 lbs thanks to its being constructed with, you guessed it, bamboo. The single passenger oddity was recently unveiled in Kyoto and was built at that city's university with locally-grown materials. We suspect it is somewhat greener than its Chinese competitor, but is it weirder? Hit the comments to let us know.
[Source: Japan Probe]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies