Click any image for a high-res gallery of Toyota's SEMAfied trucks
Toyota's Venza trio
didn't stir our souls, but a few of its customized trucks had us itching for some Italian iron and a remake of the first Back to the Future flick.
First up is the Toyota Tundra
Transporter that makes trips to the track a breeze with a motorized loading ramp, an integrated tool system, storage for spare parts and a set of solar panels mounted on the bed rails to provide auxiliary power. A 5.7-liter supercharged V8 sends power to 22-inch custom aluminum Alcoa wheels coated in Pirelli Scorpion Zero tires. In addition to a handful of suspension and body mods, the truck gets a custom interior with thrones fitted with an In Seat Solutions Relaxor Massage system. Naturally, the Ducati Desmo MotoGP bike is sold separately.
Tucked in behind the Tundra
was the Tacoma
Truck Concept, coated in a cream pearl exterior and retro stripes that had us fondly reminiscing about our first off-road experience in the 80s. A four-cylinder engine is mated to a four-speed automatic gearbox and a four-wheel-drive system (4x4x4) pulled from Landcruiser, featuring a solid front axle, transfer case and Toyota Motorsport rear axle. A custom roll bar and front grill joins KC Daylighter six-inch lights, Bushwacker fender flares and American Racing AR-23 wheels. And the exterior isn't the only thing retro about this Tacoma. According to our man Mike Levine from Pickuptrucks.com
, the seats are swathed in 20-year-old Recaro fabric that the Toyota crew found in the corner of their warehouse.
The last of our Toyota trucks
was the TRD Tacoma Off Road Project, which features a supercharged 4.0-liter V6, a seven-inch widened track, custom front control arms matched to a new set of Bilsteins with 13-inches of wheel travel and an independent rear suspension with 14-inches of wheel travel. Think of it as the Raptor asinterpreted by Toyota, but without the trick rear suspension setup.
Check the galleries below for plenty of pics and take a peek below the fold for all the details.
The Ducati Desmosedici RR is the only street legal MotoGP bike ever produced. The ultimate track day bike requires the ultimate transport; that's where Toyota comes in with the 2009 Tundra Ducati esmosedici transporter.
The Tundra/Ducati Transporter is built on a Tundra CrewMax, which has been modified to accept a 6.5-inch bed. The transporter is tied thematically to the bike, incorporating Ducati Corse style along with high tech materials and execution to create synergies for two companies obsessed with quality and performance. Additional features include major bed innovations such as flip up bedsides, a motorized loading ramp by Rampage, integrated tool and spares storage, and popup solar panels for accessory power.
Performance is enhanced through the full catalog of TRD Performance parts such as supercharger, exhaust, intake, suspension and brakes. The interior treatment by Fast Ed's Interiors combines high tech style with Italian flair.
TUNDRA/DUCATI TRANSPORTER FEATURES
• Ducati Corse Exterior by Focus On Cars
• Custom fabricated seats, sewn carpet, suede headliner by Fast Ed's
• Seat Massagers by In Seat Solutions-Relaxor Massage Products
• Rampage Powerlift Ramp
• Alcoa 22" custom forged aluminum wheels
• Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico tires
• CarriageWorks Rear Roll Pan
• Toyota Racing Development Performance Parts
o TRD Boost Gauge and Pod
o Big Brake Kit
o 5.7L Supercharger (500HP/550TQ
o TRD Lowering Kit
o TRD Dual Exhaust
o TRD Sway Bar
• USAG 526V ToolBox (Official Tool Supplier to Ducati)
• RockBlocker protective light films
• VIS Racing Carbon Fiber hood
• 2008 Ducati Desmosedici RR Motorcycle
• Ducati Corse Racing Suit by Dainese
• Ducati Corse Helmet by Arai
• Ducati Corse Boots
• Ducati Corse Gloves
TACOMA TRUCK CONCEPT
The Tacoma Truck Concept is a fun look back to Toyota's long-standing heritage of building highly capable, durable trucks that met the needs of a wide variety of drivers. Rather than focus on flash or power, this concept looks towards capability and efficiency by showcasing Toyota's venerable 4cyl engine, but mating it to a 4-speed automatic transmission and solid front axle-equipped 4WD system. Tied thematically to the Toyota Trucks from the 80's, the Tacoma Truck features American Racing AR23 wheels, BF Goodrich tires, Buchwacker flares, KC Daylighter lights and a Grant's Kustoms roll pan.
• Cream Pearl Exterior with retro stripes by Focus on Cars
• Brown interior with Recaro fabric by Fast Ed's Interiors
• Full drivetrain conversion to Landcruiser solid front axle, transfer case,
rear axle by Toyota Motorsports Technical Group
• Custom tubular bumpers, roll bar
• Custom front grill by Focus on Cars
• Grant's Kustoms Rear Roll Pan
• KC Daylighter 6" Off Road lights
• Bushwacker Fender Pocket Style Fender Flares
• American Racing AR-23 wheels
• BF Goodrich All Terrain KO tires