Click above for our high-res gallery of the 2009 Ford Ka
While his priority is to launch the Ford Fiesta in North America in 2010, the CEO of Ford told Automotive News that the Europe-only Ford Ka microcar might also be available in the United States. Alan Mulally said that an array of subcompact and Focus-sized cars will follow the Fiesta, and then the redesigned Ka (itself smaller than the Fiesta) may find itself on our shores. Mulally reiterated Ford's commitment to a small-car strategy, but admitted the company must find a way to achieve a decent profit margin on the inexpensive vehicles. The task is especially daunting when one considers the $8,000 to $10,000-plus margins the automaker banks on SUVs and big pickups.
Ford CEO wants to bring Ka to U.S.
[Source: Automotive News, subs. req'd]
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX