Toyota says Prius brand confirmation "Completely False!"
For some time now, Toyota has been contemplating the creation of a new Prius brand akin to Scion that would be dedicated to hybrid vehicles. This much is acknowledged by Toyota's Group VP for communications, Irv Miller. However a report the other day on Left Lane News that Toyota had decided to move ahead with a Prius brand was apparently premature. In a blog post yesterday, Miller declared unequivocally that the unattributed story was "completely false." At this point no decision has been made about moving ahead with a new hybrid only brand or even a timetable, according to Miller.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX
From Our Partners
Recharge Wrap-up: Autopilot mitigates accident in video, Ford exits India's EV consortiumWatch Video