VIDEO: 2009 Zero X electric motorcycle: stronger, faster
For those you that like to head out into the woods to ride a dirt bike but don't want any exhaust emissions, the Zero X may the answer to your needs. Zero Motorcycles has just released details on the 2009 edition of its electric dirt bike. After selling out its run of 2008 models, the new version gets a bunch of upgrades including a beefier frame and suspension. Even with a stronger structure made of aircraft grade aluminum, the bike weighs in at just 151 lbs. The electric motor turns the back wheel with 23 hp and 50 lb-ft of torque. Energy is packed into a 2 kWh lithium ion battery pack stuffed into the middle of the frame. A two-hour recharge should provide about 40 miles of range. Until the end of the year, the Zero X can be ordered for $7,450. Once the calendar flips over, the price goes up by $300.
[Source: The Auto Channel]
- Acura scores lowest in customer satisfaction
- The BMW M4 is spied with a massive wing
- Find the right minivan with our Car Finder tool
- Hybrids make poor financial sense for buyers
- The Grand Tour's legal fracas with Top Gear
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!