Click any image for a high-res gallery
Lexus decided that its presence at SEMA should revolve around its most tuner-friendly models, specifically its range of IS sedans. So in addition to the Five Axis IS F that's been making the rounds since late last year, Lexus has tapped some notable names in tuning, along with a few magazines, to create a handful of bespoke vehicles to populate its booth. But the IS 350 and four tweaked IS Fs won't stand alone. They'll be joined by another Five Axis creation built around the GS 460, along with an LX 570 SUV created by the crew at Icon 4x4 Design.
Click here for our take on each model, along with official details on each IS F, the Lexus' F-sport-tuned IS 350 and the big 'ute.
Related GalleryLexus at SEMA 2008
IS 350 with F-Sport Accessories
Lexus Description: The IS 250/350 is Lexus' entry point into the luxury sport sedan arena. It's a tuner-friendly and robust platform that responds extremely well to performance upgrades. This car is fully loaded with all the offerings from the F-Sport performance accessory catalog. It also sports a new concept ground-effects body kit designed to complement the increased performance and aggressive stance provided by the F-Sport components.
Autoblog's Take: As much as Lexus wants to make the IS 350 a serious sports sedan, it's always been hampered by a cushy ride, fade-prone brakes and at-the-limit understeer. Thankfully, Lexus' line of F-Sport accessories has the potential to cure many of those ills. We're particularly interested in how the Bilsteins, springs and beefier sway bars shore up the chassis, all of which -- along with the Advans -- should cure the IS 350's terminal plowing. While we're big fans of in-house-developed performance parts, particularly since they can be rolled into the monthly payments, we're curious how much all this kit would add to the MSRP... and how close the sticker would be to an IS F.
- Four-piece ground-effects body kit and grille by Five Axis
- Lexus Genuine Accessory rear spoiler
- PPG Vibrance Orange Glow 3-stage paint with satin accents
- Custom leather interior appointments by Five Axis and Turinmodel, Inc.
- F-Sport floor mats
- F-Sport Performance Air Intake
- F-Sport Carbon Fiber Engine Cover
- F-Sport Performance Exhaust
- F-Sport Bilstein Shocks
- F-Sport Lowering Spring Set
- F-Sport Sway Bar Set
- F-Sport Under Chassis Brace
- F-Sport 19" Forged Aluminum Wheels - Front: 19"x8" - Rear: 19"x9"
- Yokohama Advan Sport Ultra-high Performance Tires - Front: 225/35-ZR19 88Y - Rear: 255/35-ZR19 96Y
- F-Sport Performance Brake Upgrade Kit (Fr) 355mm x 32mm Rotor Six-piston opposed, 2 piece fixed, bolt-in-bridge caliper
- F-Sport Performance Brake Upgrade Kit (Rr) 345mm x 28mm Rotor Four-piston opposed, fixed, bolt-in-bridge caliper
IS F by Fox Marketing/Artisan Performance
Lexus Description: Fox Marketing and Artisan Performance teamed to create this subtle yet aggressive makeover of the already aggressive IS F. The subtle part involves the numerous bodywork changes, which enhance rather than rethink the lines of the IS F, making it look even more muscular in the process. 'Aggressive' can be applied to the engine which gets the full twin-turbo treatment. Fox expects the changes will yield something north of 600 horsepower.
Autoblog's Take: We've already gotten the details and a few pics of the Fox Marketing/Artisan Performance IS F, and we're suitably impressed with the custom body kit, burnt-orange hue, blacked-out roof and iForged wheels. Add a bespoke twin-turbo setup, JE pistons and Crower rods good for an estimated 600+ horsepower and we're willing to overlook the custom Callaway golf club set in the trunk. But what we can't overlook is the lack of braking upgrades and the simple set of Eibach lowering springs. Balance is key, and that's the only thing the Fox/Artisan IS F is lacking.
- BASF Glasurit Sunset Orange Pearl paint
- Webasto Hollandia 9001 sunroof
- BodyKits.com Licensed Fox Marketing front bumper
- BodyKits.com Licensed Fox Marketing side skirts
- BodyKits.com Licensed Fox Marketing rear valance
- Custom fender flares
- Lightwurkz BASF Black painted HID headlights
- Lightwurkz BASF Black tinted taillights
- Impressive Signs graphics
- Meguiar's Car Care Products
- Paint & body by Powell Customs
- Black leather seats with blue stitching
- Callaway golf clubs in the trunk
- Artisan Twin-Turbo kit
- Artisan air intake with AMSOIL filter
- Artisan front mount intercooler
- Brian Crower connecting rods
- JE Pistons
- Mishimoto radiator
- AMSOIL 0w-30 synthetic engine oil
- AMSOIL transmission fluid
- Tuned by Kenny Strickler of TurboChargers.com
- Artisan cat-back exhaust
- Eibach Pro Kit
- Front: 20x9.5 iForged FS Imola
- Rear: 20x11.5 iForged FS Imola
- Front: 255/35-20 Toyo T1R
- Rear: 305/30-20 Toyo T1R
IS F by Import Tuner Magazine/TEIN
Lexus Description: Import Tuner Magazine and TEIN suspension company put their collective heads and expertise together to create an IS F that's focused on track performance, while still remaining practical for the street. Weight reduction, added chassis stiffness, special suspension and big sticky tires take care of the corners, while a comprehensive nitrous system boosts the engine for bursts of overtaking power. Coming soon to a track near you.
Autoblog's Take: What would an Import Tuner vehicle be without a healthy shot of NOS and a TEIN figurine? Certainly not up to the mag's idee fixe of bikini-clad babes and bright-colored body kits. Thankfully, TEIN was around to stop the madness with a set of coilovers equipped with its EDFC electronic damping system. The Tom's front and rear suspension braces should do wonders for chassis flex, along with the rear strengthening brace, and we can't deny any vehicle that's sporting stitch-welded body seams, adjustable front control arms and biggie-sized Brembo GTs. We give it five points for a complete package, but deduct two points for excessive vinyl usage.
- Five Axis dry carbon front lip
- Black chrome dipped emblems and front grill
- Smoked headlights
- S&A Design vinyl
- Bride racing seats (Brix II for driver, Xax II for passenger)
- Custom tinted interior trim
- TEIN Dampachi mascot
- NOS 12.8 lbs composite bottle
- Nitrous bottle opener
- Single fogger wet nitrous system
- Quick release bottle bracket
- Ntimidator dual LED purge kit
- Nitrous bottle heater
- P.O.D. system
- Nitrous pressure gauges
- K&N intake
- Tom's Linear Throttle Controller
- Fujitsubo custom full titanium dual exhaust
- TEIN re-valved Comfort Sport monotube coilovers with Electronic Damping Force Control (EDFC)
- SPD Metal Works adjustable fr. upper cont. arms
- M1 Fabrication stitch-welded body seams (strategic locations)
- Tom's upper performance rod
- Tom's front and rear suspension member braces
- Tom's rear body strengthening brace
- Volk RE30s - Front: 19x9"; +38 offset - Rear: 19x10"; +38 offset
- Yokohama Advan Sports - Front: 255/35-19 - Rear: 275/35-19
- Brembo GT Big Brake kit - Front: 6-piston calipers and two-piece rotors - Rear: two-piece rotors
- Baker custom rear stainless steel brake lines
IS F by 0-60 Magazine
Lexus Description: With track performance a common theme among IS F builders, 0-60 Magazine ups the ante on their IS F project with a supercharger to tease out another load of horses from the big V8. Carbon fiber body components reduce weight while lowering the center of gravity and a custom roll cage adds stiffness and protection. A beefy brake upgrade kit was added to balance the performance equation.
Autoblog's Take: We know first-hand that the 0-60 crew knows how to drive (we rode with Spinelli in a GT-R), so it's no surprise that the buff book's IS F blends the right amount of power with the proper dose of stick. Although they haven't provided us with output figures for the GReddy-supercharged bent-eight, our educated guesstimation puts it somewhere in the neighborhood of 550 hp. That extra grunt and the carbon fiber body panels should do a lot to cure the IS F's biggest issue: weight. And with a custom roll cage, TEIN suspension, upgraded brakes and a set of Yokohama Advan RZ wheels wrapped in Hankook Ventus EVO V12 rubber, this is the first IS F we'd actually like to drive. We await a call from Mr. Scotto.
- Seibon Carbon Panels: Hood, Fenders, Trunk, Spoiler
- Design Craft Fabrication custom roll cage
- Sparco Chrono Road Seats wrapped with interior-matching leather
- Greddy MP92 Supercharger w/ custom aluminum intake manifold
- Greddy Intelligent Informeter Touch
- Greddy Intake and filter
- Braille Carbon Battery
- Custom system using Greddy Spectrum Elite components
- Tein Super Street Coilovers w/ EDFC Kit
- Yokohama Advan Racing RZ Wheels - Front: 19x9" - Rear: 19x10"
- Hankook Ventus EVO V12 - Front: 245/35-19 - Rear: 275/30-19
- Performance Friction Lexus IS F Z-Rated brake upgrade kits (front and rear) - Forged 4–piston monobloc calipers - Radial mount caliper brackets - 2-piece rotor/hat assemblies (372mm front; 355mm rear)
- Z-rated Carbon Metallic ® multipads specifically for IS-F chassis
- Stainless steel braided brake lines
IS F by MotorworldHype.com
Lexus Description: MotorworldHype has taken another path that is a bit less aggressive, yet more easily accessible for the average consumer. Lots of carbon to reduce some unwanted mass and a well-rounded package of suspension, brake, engine and cosmetic changes provide sharper responses in all directions.
Autoblog's Take: Show before go or a well-rounded package? The MotorworldHype IS F is equipped with all the tried-and-true show-car standards: Volk TE37s, Michelin Pilot Sport 2s, a carbon fiber splitter and diffuser, along with a Brembo GT front brake package. While this IS F might be a good representation of what your standard owner might do to his V8-powered luxo-sedan, we can't help feeling like this one was phoned-in.
- Carbon fiber aero package featuring carbon front chin/splitter and rear diffuser
- Weight reduction package featuring carbon fiber replacement trunk lid
- Lexus Starfire White paint
- Gloss black emblems
- Gloss black window sills and roof
- Matte black tips
- Blue Alcantara seat inserts
- Custom air intake system
- Borla high performance exhaust system
- Tein Full Suspension System w/ EDFC
- Rays Engineering Volk Racing TE 37 in matte black - Front: 19x8.5" - Rear: 19x9.5"
- Michelin Pilot Sport 2 - Front: 235/35-19 - Rear: 265/30-19
- Brembo GT Big Brake Kit w/ 6 piston front calipers and floating rotors
LX 570 by ICON 4x4 Design
Lexus Description: ICON specializes in 4x4s that are typically off-road oriented. But they envisioned something different for the plush, yet rugged LX 570. Their approach here is to give the LX a clean and stealthy appearance through clever use of colors and trim, then top with performance improvements to further enhance the appeal of Lexus' premier luxury utility vehicle.
Autoblog's Take: Footballers take notice (both in the U.S. and Europe) -- your wife's ride has arrived. With only a custom intake, a new exhaust and a "performance brake system", the ICON LX 570 puts money where it matters – to its customers. The firm normally know for serious off-roaders has taken the path most-traveled with its SEMAfied 'ute and we're guessing you care about as much as us.
- Matte two-tone gray paint
- Black chrome trim and emblems
- Side trim removed, roof rack deleted
- All wood panels replaced with carbon fiber surface effect coatings
- Window tint
- Custom intake system
- Stainless steel exhaust system
- Custom finish 24" MOZ Calgary wheels
- Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35R-24
- 6-piston front, 4-piston rear performance brake system