GM slashing product development funding; "no impact" on Volt program
Meanwhile, over in the Detroit News, the word is that GM is "downplaying" the negative-sounding AutoNews report. GM spokesman Tom Wilkinson told the News that "We think [AutoNews is] probably overplaying this a little bit." The good news from both articles, though, is that the Volt seems to be safe, no matter what is happening to the rest of GM's upcoming programs. GM's Rob Peterson confirmed to AutoblogGreen that the cuts will have "no impact" on the Volt program at this time. Full speed ahead, apparently.
[Source: Rob Peterson, AutoNews, Detroit News]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video