Jeremy Clarkson on motorbikes: "You will be killed!"
So, off he went to take the test that would allow him to legally ride on a scooter followed by a proper on-road evaluation of the Vespa. Clarkson goes on to describe the vagaries of shifting, steering and braking on a two wheel vehicle. It turns out that by Clarkson's calculations, riding a scooter is not inexpensive even though a Vespa only costs £3,499. By the time you add in the requisite leather, helmet, coffin, headstone, cremation, flowers, etc, it gets pretty pricey. It seems the bottom line is that no matter what you do, "you will be killed." Maybe we should just walk.
[Source: Times of London]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video