Paris 2008: Venturi Eclectic, the production version
Like its forerunner, there are solar panels affixed to the roof that can offer a couple free klicks of mobility each sunny day and an available 300 watt wind turbine that is said to be good for 13 kilometers (8 miles) when it's breezy. If you find yourself out of juice after sundown on a still night you can always plug in the on-board charger and be ready to go its battery-only distance of 50 kilometers (31 miles) in as little as five hours. Production of the neighborhood electric vehicle (NEV) is set to begin in October of 2009 with as many as 3,000 units being produced each year at a new Venturi factory near Sablé-sur-Sarthe, France. You can get even more details at the Eclectic website.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies