Next-gen Saturn Astra to be built in the U.S.
A new generation Astra is set to debut in 2010 built on the same Delta platform as the previously announced Chevy Cruze. This time around, the Saturn-badged variant will be sourced from a U.S. factory although at this point it's unknown which plant that will be. It might be built in Lordstown, OH alongside the Cruze or it could initially come from the Detroit-Hamtramck plant. The Detroit factory is scheduled to build the Volt and a Delta-based MPV. Initial volumes of the Volt will be low so it could build the Astra for a while until its volumes ramp up enough to justify another plant.
[Source: Motor Authority]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models