Cadillac to reportedly offer new smaller four cylinder sedan in 2010
The new car would be developed specifically as a premium Cadillac model. Nonetheless, Cadillac general manager Jim Taylor is concerned that American consumers might not yet be ready to accept a Cadillac without at least the option of a V6. The new model would likely use the 2.0L direct injected turbo as used in the Pontiac Solstice GXP. At this point it appears that Cadillac will likely offer the 6-cylinder option, although if gas prices resume their upward spiral that could well change. If a V6 is part of the plan, it will probably be a rumored smaller displacement 3.0L version of the 3.6L currently offered in the CTS.
[Source: Automotive News - sub. req'd]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies